The fees for the preparation and publication of articles are linked to the accepted articles to cover the costs of making the final versions of the research paper freely available via free access. They usually cover part of the costs of the following:
* Editorial costs, including the management of the review process carried out by specialized arbitrators
* Editing texts
* Electronic drafting and coordination
* Customize the digital document ID (DOI) and save articles
* Websites dedicated to the submission of the research paper
* Electronic platforms for hosting magazines
* Customer service
* General expenses and administrative costs
There are also many copies of these costs for all submitted articles that are subsequently rejected, so these costs must also be covered.
We believe that researchers, host institutions and their funding agencies are willing to pay reasonable and affordable fees for the preparation and publication of articles for faster, fairer access and greater accessibility of their work.